Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Hyphen and Fulbeck


All hapas who are one iota interested in their hapa-ness know about (or should know!) Kip Fulbeck. He is like the God to the active hapa community (ok, not really, but he is the one who reclaimed the term "hapa" - it was a derogatory term previously, and he brought an immense amount of awareness to the issue.).

The above pic happens to be from a HYBRID ISSUE (no joke, how amazing is that?!?!) of Hyphen, a wicked cool magazine that I have always found (since I started following it) to be really hapa-friendly. It is an Asian-American magazine, but it isn't dry and frustrating like The Multiracial Activist which is supposed to be about multiracial issues but it has lots of random other stuff too and it really wasn't that interested when I read it. Now, to be fair I didn't spend that much time exploring it (I wonder why...).

The magazine has an interview with Kip, and you can read part of it here. You know that I will be going straight to the magazines in the Marshall Center for Intercultural Learning (ha! I don't need to pay for it) next time I can get there to get the issue, I hope we have it! I think its the newer edition. 

No comments:

Post a Comment