Friday, November 20, 2009

celeb


So, I realized awhile back that Vanessa Hudgens was mixed. I really did think she was latina until I saw her last name. I actually got pretty excited about it (yes, I saw all 3 High School Musicals) also because Disney targets the next generations of kids, all at a time in their lives where they are the most influenced by things they watch, hear, and are exposed to. But I wonder, I heard that its easier for mixed race, or "ethnically ambiguous" people to get different "ethnic" roles in movies and its an advantage I think in that regard, but does Hudgens ever feel strange acting as the "ethnic person" with roles/castings that don't really care what you actually are or if you actually understand the culture of who you're representing? What are the rules about this? Its all a very grey area.

No comments:

Post a Comment