Sunday, March 1, 2009

So first off - the conference was AMAZING, there were some parts that were a bore, and there were some parts that made me want to sing about multiracial pride and some that made me want to cry, but overall it was a great experience to meet so many others who have the same exact issues I do. Ever since I was little I thought it was just me - but know I know I got multiracial brothers and sisters! (lol)

But I didn't want to just write a review about the conference, I can go into length about that another time or at all, because I want to keep this blog less review-like, and more archive-like, so here is an article that I thought was really good on the Hapa Project

You should definitely read it I was interested because it was actually written by a monoracial asian. I am very interested in understanding better the Asian American reaction to things like the Hapa Project, or Hapa issues, because I have found some to be very accepting and understanding of these issues, and others to be not really care about them. It was a really, really well done piece, too. I love the line: 
"But white-bread, rice-bred, or cross-bred, we are all, in one way or another, hapa."

I thought that was cool.


No comments:

Post a Comment